a day out.

Dad got back from Hawaii on the 27th, arriving back home around 10PM. Justin went with mom to pick him up at the LRT station and brought him back into the house intact. I opened up his suitcase and found the goodies that he bought for us – two large cylinders of Kraft Parmesan Cheese, a box of 24 Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups (King Size), a couple of Zip-Loc baggies full of Hershey’s Nuggets, some other odds and ends that I can’t bring myself to remember right now.

An annoyance – I still haven’t received my school report card or my PSAT results. I’m looking forward to seeing my PSAT scores. The report card, well, that’s a different story altogether.

Yesterday I went out for a dental appointment. Yay. Everyone got a regular cleaning. Alice had this odd lump that she pointed out and the dentist announced that it was a cyst, apparantely connected to blood vessels – recommended surgical removal of the cyst. So after her cleanup, dad took her to get a blood test done and to figure out the specifics for the operation.

Whole family went out to 大同 to eat dim sun. Excellent food as always, although I find that arguments at the table always mess up my meals. I myself don’t like to argue but when it comes around, I must rise to the occasion and fight back. Perhaps that’s a fault that I have. I see it as a strength in many situations, although it has led to my distancing myself from my parents. I have yet to learn how to judge when it’s best to sit down and hear others out instead of seizing the floor. It seems that in arguments, I must have the last stab to save face.

Justin and mom went back home. Alice, dad, and I went to KLCC to watch a movie. The lines at the ticket office were terribly long. We managed to get seats for the first available showing of King Kong. A pretty damn good movie. I really enjoyed it even though my seating sucked.

I ended up stuck in a row with a whole bunch of little kids and a mom holding on to a ‘developmentally-impaired’ child. Pardon the euphemism, especially if it sounds a mite harsh. I have no better way to describe it. Every time a new creepy crawly appeared from the depths of the valley that the rescue party was stuck in, the kids would “Oooh” and “Ahhh” while naming out each bug. Terribly annoying. Yes, yes – it’s cute for a while but it gets old when they keep taking wild jabs at every single new CG bug to appear on-screen. Just shut up and let me watch, please.

Now, let’s shift the focus over to the kid in his mother’s lap. I noticed that throughout the whole entire movie, he had his eyes closed. Or perhaps they were open in small, crafty slits. At regular intervals, he would let out a disturbing moan. Mind you, a single moan wasn’t enough. He had to do it time after time again. When the moaning didn’t get anyone’s attention, he would ball up his hand into a fist and smack himself in the cheek. I didn’t even have to look to know when he was doing it – every successive hit made a new popping sound. He just kept hitting himself over and over again.

I don’t mean to come out sounding like an uncaring, cold-hearted individual – it’s just that I find it strange how the kid kept going on like this. Sure, blame it on his mental condition. But how many people will go on making a fuss and acting the part of a fool when others are handing them everything they need? When he began hitting himself, his mother would take his wrists in her hands and clap his hands together. Great, more noise. But at least she shows that she cares for him. How much does the kid appreciate the show of kindness, though? And that’s the problem. Ungrateful being is just a little attention whore.

So afterwards we went to KLCC’s ‘Fitness Centre’ to play badminton. I haven’t played in ages and so, I failed miserably at doubles. At least I can still clear after a smash pretty well. Haven’t lost it all We played until 8:30PM and stopped because we were all feeling hungry.

Went up to Studio-R to pick up the stuff that I bought earlier. Ended up walking around KLCC with my new 6kg dumbbells, Yonex racket bag and everything in tow. Got back home to eat.

I slept at 2-ish after talking on the phone a bit with the usual suspects. Mom woke me up and asked for my phone, dad checked through the call history and found that I had made a call at 1:44AM at which point he became very angry and shuttled Alice over to the hospital for a little operation. Won’t go into specifics just because it isn’t interesting.

So.. Went out to KLCC today and met up with two friends. Watched Venom. Crappy horror movie. I disliked House of Wax because of all the gore and the plain grossness of the whole damn thing. I disliked Venom because there was no talent in the acting, cheesy plot, much too predictable. Avoid it.

After the movie, I wasn’t feeling so well so I ambled over to the theater exit. Didn’t quite realize that the guys that I was with had run off to sneak into another theater. Tried to follow, but then the employees at the cinema were all over my ass. I tried several times, used props, the works. Those bastards knew that I was coming so they set up a wall four-men strong to bar me out. If only I had balls enough to use my invisibility powers and just sneak past them. Instead, I just let the adrenaline fade and walked out. Bah.

From there things went weird. Perhaps they were strange earlier on. Whatever, whatever. Look at me, I’m still alive and kicking. Just a little confused and tired, the usual. I need to finish up my homework and everything so I can have less on my mind. Been letting it sit for way too long.

I’m feeling: Tired
Listening to: James Blunt – Goodbye My Lover