In the course of replacing the CCV system, I discovered a couple of defects in my 2003 BMW 330i’s air intake boot.
- On the upper part of the boot (13541438761, part #3 in the diagram below), the protrusion that accepts the F-shaped connector (13327503677) was developing a tear
- On the lower part of the boot (13541438759, part #6 in the diagram below), the accordion section that plugs into the idle control valve had a tear
I’ve been replacing components on the vehicle with more durable materials where possible.
Part of this entails replacing rubber components in areas subject to high temperatures with silicone. Mishimoto’s silicone intake boot kit for the BMW E46 330i (MSRP $175, Amazon.com, Mishimoto) will suit the task perfectly:
- Direct fit for the 2001-2006 BMW 330i (including the ZHP)
- Maximum Temperature: 330°F
- Constructed with high grade silicone and heat-resistant embedded fibers
- Mishimoto Lifetime Warranty
Mishimoto does offer its silicone intake boot kit for the E46 323/325/328 as well (MSRP $175, Amazon.com)