I wanted to leverage my home’s existing security system, making more of what I already had. Effectively, teaching an old dog new tricks.
The Eyez-On Envisalink 4 (MSRP $129.99, Amazon.com, EyezOn.com) wires up to a compatible security panel, taking on the role of a network-connected keypad.
It sounds like just the ticket for building out a solid foundation for any connected home. Upon reading that it integrated cleanly with home automation controllers, I immediately pulled the trigger.
The following comes, with minor modifications, from the Eyez-On website:
Without a monthly monitoring fee, the EnvisaLink 4 will allow you to receive text and email messages as well as control your Honeywell Vista and DSC security systems through the internet. The EnvisaLink 4 also provides access through a virtual keypad using an iPhone, Android or Blackberry.
The best just got better. The new EnvisaLink 4 is a powerful TCP-IP based bus-level interface to DSC PowerSeries* panels and Honeywell Vista* panels. It allows you to view the status of and even control your alarm panel through a standard web-browser or smart-phone. VOIP Friendly.
As new software features become available the EnvisaLink 4 is easily upgraded over the network and automatically keeps itself up to date.
Plays Well With Others
Through the built in TPI (third party interface) the EnvisaLink 4 is already compatible with many major home automation systems and numerous 3rd party Android and iPhone apps.
With the addition of the free EnvisAlerts service your control is enhanced and can be extended to anywhere in the world. EnvisAlerts also allows you to specify e-mail or SMS addresses to receive alarms, arms, disarms and more.
- **New** 100Base-T Ethernet Support
- **New** Improved diagnostic LEDs to speed installation
- Remotely upgradable to allow for new features and services
- EnvisaLink TPI – programmer’s and integration interface.
- EnvisaLink Expansion Header – add new hardware modules as they become available.
- Simple to hook-up
- Built-in basic web server and html user-interface
- 128-bit encryption
- Real-time zone status with “time-since-tripped ” feature
- Local Arm/Disarm/Zone Bypass/PGM Control
- Multi-Partition Support
With Free EnvisAlerts Service
- Remote Arm (Away & Stay, Quick Arming)/Disarm/Zone Bypass/PGM Control (depending on panel model)
- Event Logging
- Receive Alerts by e-mail or SMS.
- Network Supervision.
- See at-a-glance system status on a map in EyezOn portal.
- New “Smart Phone” optimized version of the portal. Works with iPhone, Android, and Blackberry.
With EnvisAlarm™ Service (Optional)
You now have the option of full-ULC grade alarm monitoring over your EnvisaLink 4 with the addition of the EnvisAlarm™ service.
- Full IP-Based monitoring.
- 1 Year and 3 Year terms available.
- Receive monitoring certificate and take advantage of Insurance company discounts.
- Power Draw: 65 mA
- Connectors: RJ45, 4-Terminal Screwdown
- Dimensions: 10.5 cm (4-3/16″) x 4.2 cm (1-11/16″)
Included in the Box
- DSC PowerSeries (1555, 1555 MX, 1575, 5010 (832), 5020 (864), 1616, 1832, 1864)
- Honeywell Vista Panels (Vista20P, 21iP, 15P, 10P, 128P, and 250P)
Read the EnvisaLink 4 Primer Manual